I’m pleased to announce that the talented Adam Smith has created some level music for Unstable. I’m very happy with the results, and I’m sure that anyone who heard my old ‘music’ will agree that the improvement is significant!
You can check out some more of Adam’s work under the name Electrosis Music.
While I am unlikely to release any large updates to the game, I did take the opportunity to implement a few minor tweaks:
– You can now reset a level instantly with ‘R’
– If you wish, you can press ‘Y’ in place of ‘Z’ to confirm and interact (which should help QWERTZ keyboard users)
– A message now appears on the title screen to direct the player to use the keyboard if they attempt to use the mouse
– Some of the blueprint instructions were adjusted to make functionality clearer (particularly the Timed Explosive)
– Finally, in a previous update I hadn’t mentioned here yet, I allowed you to switch the key for discarding blueprints from SPACE to BACKSPACE (in case the player was hitting it by mistake)
Some other features have been suggested (such as an undo button or a mid-level checkpoint system), but while the ideas have merit, they would be much larger updates that would require significant time, and currently I am prioritising work on my next game. It will be a puzzle/adventure game with a different style of logic required, and will be shorter than Unstable for a casual run-through, but with extra depths of challenge for any keen puzzlers.
I have no definitive time frame yet, but it should arrive on the near horizon – so watch this space!